Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The 4 Hour Body's Slow Carb Diet Continues

I am into my 4th week on the diet and seemed to have hit a plateau on the weight loss, well that is until you look at all the numbers, then it is staggering at just how much fat I appear to have lost. 29 LBS of fat! Now I know these Biometric scales are not the most accurate, but from what I read they are decent at recording changes over time, and even if I take into account a few percentages for water fluctuations, I am still at over 20 lbs in three weeks. I would say so far so good, and damn good enough to keep me going.

One thing I have learned is that the morning is not the best time to weigh myself as I appear to be too dehydrated to get accurate numbers, so I have opted to just weigh myself later in the day and just keep an eye on water levels as well.

As far as the diet itself I have not had much trouble sticking to it. I rarely get cravings for anything in particular now and if I do, I simply add it to my mental list of things to eat on Saturday. Actually I find myself having to force myself to eat as I am not really hungry that often. I am thinking that might have something to do with my workouts, for even though the diet is presented without having to workout, I am working out like a madman at the moment. 6 times last week, and the workouts at my dojo just keep ramping up. Last night was a solid 50 minutes of 3 minute intervals switching from bag work to jump roping with some alternate exercises such as squat jumps thrown in. I truly hit the brink of death last night, and my body feels like a furnace today, so It will be interesting to see the numbers as I continue.

Still a long way to go to hit 220 though.

Oh yeah, one last note. I also decided to introduce a little cottage cheese into my diet this week, so breakfast has been 3 organic eggs and about half a cup of cottage cheese. In the spirit of 4 hour body, you could say I am doing a little experimenting of my own. The only thing I am confused on is the whole eating carbs or fruit or whatever within a half hour of strength training. Guess I need another read through the book to help try and clear that up.

And another note. Since the number vary so drastically. I decided to change the total to a rolling 3 day total. So it now averages the last 3 weigh ins to give me a more accurate picture of my progress.

No comments: